The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer 2446C GMT
In Response To: Heuer 2446C GMT *PIC* ()

: Hi,

: can anybody tell me the correct inner and outer diameter in
: milimeters from the bezel of the Heuer 2446C GMT.

: Many thanks
: Harry
HI Harry i also have a Autavia GMT 2446c the watch i have is at mint level,would be NOS if not for the medium fade on the bezel,
mine came with a GF bracelet box instructions and all paper work,mine is a 1969 watch but paperwork is dated 1972,i think my watch must have been sitting in a shop window for a number of years picking up ultra violet rays which would have faded the bezel because as i said watch in NOS except for bezel... the good news is i have your sizes you request.The outer size of the bezel is 40.67 ......... the inner size is 32.95
These sizes were taken with the bezel removed from the watch and are the correct steel bezel size not a bezel insert size because the 2446c did not have a bezel insert.The sizes were taken with a calibrated Mitutoyo digimatic caliper.
IF you have a contact who is going to produce a bezel for you or you have a genral idear how to overcome the faded bezel problem i would like to help and work with you on this problem as im a mech engineer and could help to point you in the right direction.All us 2446c owners not the hunt for a mint or NOS bezel is like looking for the lost ARC..
Let me know how you get on??
Regards Darren Wilson

Messages In This Thread

Heuer 2446C GMT *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE