The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
European Vacation I

With all this talk of vacations, and watches of course, I thought I would share my plans for European Vacation I ( I call it that, since I hope it's not the last).

My wife and I (neither of us have been in Europe before) will be leaving in just over a week for a 31 day self-directed auto tour. We're starting in Zurich, trying to catch a vintage British Car meet in St Moritz on the weekend, then down through Cortina for a couple of days in Venice. From there, it's off to the Tuscany countryside for a few days in wine country, then over to the Cinque Terra area for a bit. I've been the owner of a number of Alfa Romeos over the last 25 years, and I was truly disappointed to find out that their museum is closed for renovations, so we're bypassing Milano.

My wife found out there's a jazz festival in Nice, so we'll be heading there where she scored some BB King tickets for an evening concert in an outdoor amphitheater.

Then it's off up through the Alps back to Switzerland ending in the Neuchatel and La Chaux-de-Fonds area for some watch tourism activities. Suggestions are welcome for "not to be missed" places in watch country. Is the new TAG Heuer museum open for the general public? It's hard to tell from their web site.

This is also the part where you experienced forum dwellers can help - I'm looking for any kind of suggestions, hints or secret corners where interesting vintage watches might be had.

After our fill of watch country, we'll be flying to Hamburg then driving along the Baltic coast to the Gdansk & Gdynia area of Poland, and meeting up with friends and almost-relatives from here in Seattle for a week of festivities. My wife will be celebrating her 60th birthday, a good friend's sister is getting married the next day (Polish wedding celebration!) and then out to the "country house" to celebrate the birthday of one of the family's patriarchs. This promises to be a real treat, the feast is provided by the local "foresters" and I'm told will include an entire roasted wild boar.

So - now it's just time to figure out which watches to take .....

Bruce B
Seattle

Messages In This Thread

European Vacation I
Duplicate post from somewhere...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE