The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My 110.573 F on a bracelet at last!

You may recall from a way back that I had a fumé 110.573, but it was on this blue leather strap that didn't really suit it. I said at the time I'd put it on the original Heuer bracelet I got with it as well, but I never really got around to it...

Until yesterday, when someone was posting on Vetroplastica about their .573 B and I was finally inspired to make the swap over. Not the easiest of Heuers to change thanks to the covered lugs, but the trusty spring-bar tool came through in the end :) Taking further inspiration from our Italian friends (specifically Gianvittorio who had juxtaposed a Heuer with some classic-inspired Adidas trainers) and as it is a Grand Prix weekend, I wondered how my Carrera would look against my racing boots.

I think the answer is pretty good, but you can judge for yourselves:

You'll note that unfortunately the model names don't quite match, but it's close! A pair of Adidas Monza in red, with a Heuer Monza , mmmmmm :)

These came with two different bracelets over their lifetime - the one with rolled links like I have on my gold-plated version and this one with flat links. I think I prefer the rolled link version, but I do like the way these barrel cases look on bracelets.

Messages In This Thread

My 110.573 F on a bracelet at last!
Major coup
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE