The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Don't Know - - - But We Can Guess

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my Heuer Lambelet at a Garage Sale for $5.00. The fellow in the Lawn chair informed me very honestly that it was broken, but I loved the look of it and the stamp on the back stating that it was solid Titanium, including the band, was pretty cool. I figured if it cost me a couple hundred to have it fixed, no biggy, I'd have a really nice watch. Well as it turned out, it cost me only $12.00 to have it fixed. When I asked the girl at the counter if she knew anything about these watches, she looked closely and said, "yes, good name, but probably a fake", since no one would sell a Heuer for $5.00. She took it back to her boss and asked him for his opinion, he looked it over, took of the back and looked again, and said: "I haven't heard of this particular model, but it appears to be a genuine Heuer." He showed me inside and out the serial numbers that, to him, proved it was the real thing. "OK," says I, "what sort of value." He asked if I wanted to sell it. I said "No", I was simply curious. He was unable to give me a number, but said it was a quality watch and very likely quite expensive when it was new and perhaps even worth something now. Aside from a tiny(nearly invisible) scratch on the lens, it looks like it just came out of the box, especially after I cleaned it up a little.

So I came here hoping someone could give more info. I see that most of you are guessing just like me. So far I haven't been able to find out anything concrete. Ah Well, I like the watch very much and wear it more than I do some other VERY expensive models I have. It is my first and only Heuer. To my eternal shame, I never heard of the make before, but now I am on the lookout. I really like the style, the weight and the "feel" of quality. Even if the jeweler was wrong and it is a fake, it is a darn good one.

If anyone reading this has anything more to add, I would love to know as much as possible. If not, Thanks anyway and best wishes.

Dr. Larry S McKone (PhD)
Salmo BC
Canada

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE