The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monza/Modena research

Hi Jassi,

Yes we were sitting in your office, going through all your catalogs and bam there was the Modena modelname in a german catalog, I think it was 1980.

I have done some extensive research on Monza-Modena which will be published in autum.

This is only the third Modena I have seen so far, one is in the TAG Heuer archives.

The Monza disappeard from the catalogs in 1978 as it was meant to be limited edition to celebrate the F1 worldchampion victory of Niki and Ferrari.

Modena uses the same Monza backcase and reference which leads to the fact that these have not been produced paralelly.

The later 1981 eco chronograph was not called Monza anymore and was in the portfolio until 1985.

Does somebody own a nos eco chronograph of this last mid 80is period, I believe we find no more Monza signature on the backcase ?

Also did the chrome case die with the end of the Monza production and was replaced by a standard carrera tooled steel case.

Further it is interesting how few original Monzas in the leaflet advertised Helmet case have survived, I have only came across two pieces during the last ten years...

Jeff do you know if these Modenas have ever reached the uS ? Any info available from your master source ?

Many qs, any answers out there ?

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: Hi Heuer Lovers,

: we dont see alot of these around:

: Arno didnt we find a pic. of this watch in a old heuer catalog..?

: Heuer Modena on ebay, greetings jasper

:
: http://cgi.ebay.de/CHRONOGRAPHE-HEUER-MODENA-AUTOMATIQUE-DE-1970_W0QQitemZ360172773996QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_YO_BijouxMontres_Montres?hash=item53dbf8626c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65
: %3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A12|294%3A50

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE