The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 1163MH Autavia
In Response To: 1163MH Autavia ()

: I inherited my fatrhers Tag that he bought in Puerto RIco in the
: early 70's. The watch would grade at Fine with some dial
: scratches. The bezel as described in the price guide is the
: earlier one (with Minutes and Hours on bezel) are rare. Matches
: the catalog 1970 -1971 page 1005 with the exact bezel. I have
: looked nearly everywhere to find a compareable price for
: insurance purposes. (No it is not for sale) it is one of my few
: treasures from my Dad. Can anyone give me any idea of it's
: value. Thanks
: Erick

A picture would help. However, in the absense of one, I'll assume it is a black dial, silver/white subdials Autavia 1163MH, caliber 12. The price guide on this website would indicate a value range of $1800 - $2200. The wording "Chronomatic" above the Heuer logo (on the dial) would increase the value estimate quite a bit as that early version is quite rare. Original paperwork (manual, receipt) and original box also add $ value. Overall condition is, of course, also a factor. Consult the "Heuer Price Guide" section on this site for more info. It's great you have this wonderful memento from your father. I inherited my deceased Dad's Hamilton Brooke (rare, unusual asymetrical watch from the late 1930's) which my great uncle gave to him upon his graduation from High School and I greatly cherish it. I too would never, ever consider selling it

Messages In This Thread

1163MH Autavia
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE