The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mid 80's Heuer black and gold

Marius,Thanks for the reply , you nailed it the serial number is981 113 Not in terrible shape I had it serviced in the 90's and it went in the drawer in 2000 Some wear on the band and the black coral thing is right on as I bought one for my son that was all black and the ultrasonic washer too the ring off.I will take a couple of pic's and get them to you maybe I can get something out of it. I have that and a factory Hamilton they gave me to replace the Pulsar that was trash. I have a wonderful OMega Constellation that is my everyday.
I appreciate the feed back look forward to getting your response on the photos.
Thanks again
John
: Hi John! I love these old Heuer Divers,good lookin`watches!

: Judging by your description it sounds like a 980.029 Pro Diver to
: me,nicknamed "black coral".
: Like the one seen here on the far left?

:
:

: I wouldn`t state an exact value,it depends highly on the condition
: and wear.Being a quartz,it`s probably not too attractive to
: other than Heuer collectors as well.
: I`ve seen these go on the bay for as little as 30 $ (usually
: defective or very hard worn watchhead only),and for as much as
: 3-400 $ for a complete watch with little wear.

: Sorry I can`t be of more help,if you ever want to sell it drop me a
: line though,I could be interested.

: Cheers!
: Marius

Messages In This Thread

Mid 80's Heuer black and gold
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE