The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
HELP/ADVICE needed- Ebay PAYPAL scam

Greetings all,

I'm hoping someone here, the chronocentric forum being a trusted source for me, may be able to offer some advice.

A buyer on EBAY who received a lovely 16600 tritium dial Seadweller (with box and correct original papers) from me, my own personal daily wear watch, has today three weeks after receiving it initiated a PAYPAL buyer dispute with the "not as described" option claiming it is fake, not working and is not a Rolex.

(Take a breath)

It of course is genuine but now the watch is in Hong Kong and my papal account is in negative balance whilst we dispute the "is is real" or not issue.

The other thing is his EBAY ID - jubebeone- sells similar old Omegas, etc on a 100% feedback with 141 feedbacks in the profile.

Now I can see myself getting Royally Screwed by those C U Next Tuesday'S at Paypal on this one as it's his word against mine- he has the watch and paypal have deducted the funds from my account whilst the dispute is now live.

And I'm fking pissed off.

If I say send it back he might send a fake back to me, long after the PAYPAL payment is reversed back to him. And I'm out a $5k SeaDweller.

This is my first dishonourable Ebay, internet watch trade deal gone bad.

I'm hoping for some advice. Can anyone offer some advice or better an experience of how they resolved a similar issue?

Paypal seems to always work better for the buyer, not the seller. Fk, I'm not happy.

Thanks a million in advance. Also, if you're a seller & use paypal folks beware!

Stew.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE