The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Value

I have watched the Autavia GMT since 2000 (seen 15-20 in all), and the majority sold around $750-1000. This $1000+ wave is only in the last 2-3 months; actually its the exception. If you get 2 guys in a pixxing match sure it will go to the roof. But, veterans will know that another will show up for half the price.

I saw at least 3 last year that went for $500-750, 2 out of australia; i think chuck got the other; all were w/bands.

I sold one in July with steel link band for $1050, bought it for $1000 a week before.

So, ebay the great value leveller has pointed out, if you are methodical you can find these at the right price. Dealers do a 100% mark-up ie, the one at artoftime.

I have seen this happen with Flightmaster, Zenith El Primero Blue Sqaure case, and Zenith El Primero Pilot Diver....many double in price for no apparent reason (do a sort on the recent flightmaster NOS's, which are usually $600-800).
But I have purchased/seen all go for $500-800.

That's the beauty of this, no dealer, seller or heavy wallets exter power, its all timing.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE