The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Quick Survey: How Much Would You (Did You) Pay ? ? ?

Hey, new to the forum, went shopping today in Western Australia and saw the 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Monaco for sale (with book, box etc) for $11,780 AUD, the dealer would not do me a discount but would throw in a $500 womens watch, I guess wearing a Heuer Jacket and wearing a TAG he thought I would buy it at the advertised price

In any case, thought I would come back and do some research before buying and stumbled on this thread. Having read the discussion I have decided I will not pay nearly $12,000 for another Monaco (already have a standard black one) but will go for a Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS instead, unless someone can persuade me the Monaco LE is a better

Cheers

Raddisch

I will post some additional thoughts later today, but for the
: moment let me ask the simple question: "How much would you
: pay for one of these?" Assume that it is brand new, in the
: box, with all the goodies, from an Authorized Dealer. Of course,
: if you have made the purchase already, then please answer with
: your price . . . how much you actually paid for your 40th
: Anniversary Limited Edition (or at least an approximation).

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE