The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag Autavia

Hi There,

I have just arrived back from Italy where I tried on a new white-dial Tag Autavia. The quality of the watch looks excellent, especially the bracelet. Size is about 43mm (very comparable in size to my Panerai).

Upon my return to England, I saw another in a high street jewellers. I went in to see if they also had the black-dial version (they didn't), and noticed the following price discrepency:

Price in Italy = 3000 Euro (about £2100 at current exchange rate)
Price in England = £2400

So if you are thinking about buying one in the UK, fly to Europe for a long weekend which is paid-for by the saving!

Also, an addition to the MOAT (Monaco section). The Manual Val 7736 Monaco also comes in a blue dial/blue subdials version. I am the very proud owner of one of these & will try to post some pictures soon.

Cheers for the great site & forum,
Ian

Messages In This Thread

Tag Autavia
Re: Tag Autavia
First Impressions
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE