The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New arrivals pt.2 (non-Heuer)

Hi there Rich,thanks for your reply.I hope everything is well,an interesting read,as always.

The reset problem is not a big thing,only a minor irritation.If it`s something you think you`d be able to straighten out,I should perhaps send it along with the Certina,when I get around to it.. (a bit on the slow side,I know : )

I might send my 11630 Autavia as well,as it doesn`t wind properly.Or more correctly,it hardly winds at all.

Do you see any indications as to determine the approximate age of the Aquastar? I noticed your referall to at least two different "series",I guess this would be the later largecase version?

It is a very heavy watch,lots of high grade steel went in to these apparently.A good bracelet is probably not a bad idea,although I quite like the way it looks on a NATO,like Tiga`s black dial for instance.
Regarding the anvil bracelet,I just don`t know.It was fitted by the previous owner and is completely sterile,no markings at all.
I`ve seen some very similar bracelets offered over at the MWR,maybe somebody there can identify it?

Good hearing from you Rich!
Marius

: Hi Marius,

: Great looking Benthos. I have one too, and yes, it should reset to
: 12 when you press the button. The timer mechanism on these
: watches can be problematic. I've tried to fix mine twice now and
: it still slips sometimes... I wouldn't recommend relying on it
: when diving! Many owners report problems with them from what
: I've read.

: I did a bit of research on the Benthos and wrote a post about it on
: my blog. Here's a link if you are interested;
: http://thewatchspotblog.com/?p=581

: It looks great on that bracelet. I wear mine on a Nato strap but
: the head is so heavy that I'm considering buying a bracelet to
: balance it out. Is that an Anvil bracelet from Harold in
: Singapore?

: Regards,

: Rich.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE