The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: dial colour combination
In Response To: dial colour combination ()

Hi Stepan.

I did reply to this one, but the reply seems to have gone missing, so I'll try again!

The colour combinations given by Heuer in their catalogues in this period are not really exhaustive. Typically, they only give the colour of the main dial in the descriptive text and don't specify subdial colour, even when it contrasts with the main colour.

Throw in the additional complication of the three optional scales (Tachy, Deci and Pulse) on the Carrera and it becomes more complicated. Earlier Carrera catalogues just said that the three scales could be applied to any of the base watches - I have only seen the Pulsometer scale in combination with the white/silver dials, but have seen so few pulse watches in total that even that can't be definitive.

Let me take the 7753 as a case in point. The two scans below both show a 7753 T, and both are from 1970 catalogues.

However, one clearly has registers that match the dial colour, the other has contrasting registers. And yet both have the same model reference - this can make pinpointing the exact reference for watches that aren't shown in catalogues something of a game of guesswork.

The only 7753 D we show in the Carrera table on OTD is white/white, but the reason for that is that is the only configuration that we could find in catalogues. Given that we have a white/black Tachy Carrera in a catalogue and they also say any scale can be applied to any watch, it's reasonable to assume that there could also have been a Deci watch with the same configuration; the equivalent of the watch on the right from the scans.

Messages In This Thread

dial colour combination
Re: dial colour combination
thanks
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE