The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hamilton chrono-matic *PIC*

Well, in between returning from Calgary last night, and going to Tokyo tomorrow, I convinced the wife to go to the NAWCC all Texas chapters meeting and mart in Houston.
Interesting that the Rolex's were plenty, with many GMT's 1675 and older Subs. They still are holding the prices I see on eBay and Antiquorum.
Only could find 5-6 Heuers and they were Autavias in only fair to good condition, but were commanding fairly steep prices. $1,300-1,600 for 1163V's and a highly polished 1563MH for $2K.
However, I fell for this Hamilton Chrono-matic in very nice condition, just needing the hands re-lumed. Probably paid too much, $500, but just liked the look and size. Being a lefty, the chrono-matics appeal to me.
In talking to a number of old time sellers/collectors, they believed the Heuer's were still a great buy for the money, and could not keep them long as there were always buyers.
After two hours, the better half said time to go, but not after a WW2 veteran noticed my Carrera 2447S on my wrist, and said he had a very nice one, but had black registers, with box and papers. He wanted to know if I was interested, I kept my cool, and said yes. I dared ask a price and he said a few thousand. We swapped emails and phone numbers, and in a week I will find out what a "few" means !!

Messages In This Thread

Hamilton chrono-matic *PIC*
Re: Hamilton chrono-matic
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE