The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Need to Eat Hats / Preferences
In Response To: hat eating ()

No need to eat hats, crow or anything other than M&Ms. On one level, this is a matter of personal aesthetics and preferences. I think the 11063 GMT looks great -- it's a different look; it's not the classic (loud) "Pepsi" color scheme; it is more muted. some may like it; others won't. Maybe that's why they make Coke and Pepsi, and chocolate and vanilla.

In terms of the market, I don't know whether there is a real preference / price differential as between these two (or three) models. I have seen very few of the 11063s, though we did see one sell with a non-Heuer replacement bezel.

If I had to select only one Autavia GMT, as a favorite, it would be the 1163 GMT, shown here. It is "earlier", more scarce, and I like the darker colors (nice when there is some burgandy or crimson in my tie). Again, this is a personal preference, and I'm not sure how the "market" views this version.

Thanks to all of you for yesterday's interesting discussion.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: First thing, agree with you Jeff, this one is
: nice and excellent price.

: I didn't see it as I don't have the patience
: (or clever enough search algorithms) to wade
: thru all the TAG crap so I search -TAG, so
: something listed as TAG Heuer I dont see. I
: would think that helped in keeping the price
: low, but maybe I'm the only lazy one.

: As one of the notorious $2000 GMT buyers, after
: the last heated thread, I still think my
: purchase was not too far off in GBP ($ is a
: diffnt story). I wouldn't swap my GMT(with
: the even&odd no.s bezel)for the $800 dubious
: condition one (or your one) plus the $
: difference ....so, I'm still waiting to eat
: my hat.

: PS : I would admit given the chance I would buy
: your one at that price in addition to my
: GMT!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE