The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mid-Summer Scan: Weekend of July 31

My watch of the summer...
Definitely my 11630T
Hardly a day gone by since June when I haven't worn this boy now.
It's pretty tough, comfortable and totally reliable.
I'm actually brave enough now to wear it near the kitchen sink without fear of the glass fogging up :-)
It was my second Heuer but my first ebay find 3 or 4 years back.
Pre-summer it was a bit neglected in favour of my Sifferts and Monacos...
A wobbly pusher a few months back necessitated a bit of watchmaker diy which I'm so glad I did.
We bonded after that episode.
I found all sorts of old glue in the pusher cap and after cleaning it all out and putting it back together was pretty pleased with my work.
A recent find of a pair of genuine NOS pushers got my attention and I had to have them.
A quick email check with Abel (cheers m8) about the correct way to assemble these and they're on.
I've dabbled with the plated bracelet but it just didn't feel right so I'm back on the G/F.
A great watch and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Proves that Heuer's not just about the Siffs and Monacos :-)
Off to France for a week's holiday on Saturday and this one will definitely be making the trip also :-)

AndyO...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE