The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Interesting Minerva
In Response To: I'll second (or third) that... ()

Great to hear from you, Peter.

That's an interesting looking Minerva . . . not the style of chrono that I visualize, when I hear the name "Minerva". Once upon a time, I was very interested in the classic looking Minerva chronos from the 1940s to 1960's, but somehow I never quite figured them out, and lost interest. We certainly don't see many of these from the 1970's.

Now that Chevrolet has re-issued its Camaro sports car, with a return to the basic design of the 1960's Camaros, maybe we can hope for a TAG-Heuer re-issue of the Camaro chronograph, in a form that will be true to the original Camaro chronos.

We have so many suggestions and ideas for our friends at TAG-Heuer, don't we!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Camaro would have been a much better choice for the "tag"
: on that model :)

: I did have an early Monza re-edition chrono for a while but it
: didn't stick around... pretty nice watch though...

: speaking of cushion cases, I've been wearing this beauty a lot
: lately and find I like it much more than the various Camaros
: I've owned... this one has a Valjoux 726 under the hood and the
: original Corfam? racing strap...

: cheers,

: Peter

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE