The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
David's DNA Photo Shows This Very Well
In Response To: Looks Bingo to me ()

I will need to examine my own Monacos tonight, to see how to describe the correct placement of the crystal, but doesn't David's amazing "DNA" photo show this very well?

edges across the top and bottom seem to be more curved; edges by the sides seem to be flatter. In the photo below, this is easiest to see in the watch at the bottom of the stack.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Stickoly, the photos are good enough and it really looks that
: this crystal is mounted correctly. You can see that the glass'
: upper rim is slightly bended on the side ( like the watch case)
: where the lugs are, while it is straight on the side where the
: crown is ( and the pushers on the opposite side). So looks good
: to me!

: Thanks for sending the photos, making it easier for others to
: recognize the issue.

: Now, who has the courage to send one in with the glass in the wrong
: position (LOL)? I would like to, but had the one which was wrong
: changed two days ago .....

: Cheers!
: Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE