The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My new Carrera

Ok, I'm being deliberately somewhat coy with the title here :)

Because this is the least valuable (although I paid slightly more than I had expected to secure it) and, from an OTD perspective, probably the least interesting Carrera that Heuer ever made! However, it's also one of the hardest to find - I've spent years searching for one of these that was correct, so I'm very pleased to finally have one. It's been quite a coincidence to see its close cousin Verona to have been posted about a fair bit in the last couple of weeks too, while I have been anticipating this one.

Photographed with its Carrera Twin brother to show that it's really chronographs that I'm interested in! But I had to have one of the quartz watches too - plain watch or not, it's part of Carrera history and one that TAG-Heuer leant on quite heavily in creating the modern range of Carreras. And actually I really like it - it incorporates that classic Carrera simplicity and clarity in a three-hand watch.

Messages In This Thread

My new Carrera
Re: My new Carrera
Really, really amazing...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE