The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree with Mark's Assessment; Some Additional Information

I agree that mark has pretty well nailed this one, with his previous posting --

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?noframes;page=2;read=31627

A couple of points to add:

• There really is no special name for this series of chronographs. Thus, they are sometimes called the "no-name" chronographs.
  • I believe that these are plated, rather than stainless steel . . . which distinguishes them from the Carreras and Autavias of the period. Some refer to them as the "economy" models.
  • I believe that Heuer produced these same (or near identical) chronographs for other brands -- most likely, Zodiac and Hamilton.
  • It's just a guess, but I would put the value in the $1,200 to $1,500 range. [Add the name "Carrera", and these numbers would be tripled.]
Thanks again for your messages . . . enjoy this great looking watch!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi again Philipp.

: My conclusions are pretty much still as they were in my last post
: on it:

:
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?noframes;page=2;read=31627

: The movement is definitely a Valjoux 7736, as I said there.

: I was looking at a January 1971 pricelist for the manual watches,
: which should be around the right timeframe, and this reference
: wasn't on there. So I'm kind of stuck now, maybe someone else
: has some more documentation that could shed some light on your
: watch.

Messages In This Thread

What movement, which model exactly, value of the watch?
Re: What movement, which model exactly, value of the watch?
Agree with Mark's Assessment; Some Additional Information
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE