The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Did I miss good deal?

Hello folks,

I am posting first time on this forum. I've been on Timezone for couple of years and just discovered this site which is terrific.
Well I am crushed on Heuer chronographs from 60's and 70's (not the reissue ones) and try to build my collection. I have two questions to you knowledgeable folks:
First, I had offer of gold plated all original Carrera chronograph with Val. 72 movement, $1200 but I passed on it since I did not know whether or not it was good deal. That is quite a lot of money for me. Have to admit now I regret that did not take it. So was it good deal or not so good?
Second, I spotted a Heuer temporada, ref. # 733809. Which movement does it have? Is it as collectible as say, Carrera or Autavia.

Thanks a lot!

Messages In This Thread

Did I miss good deal?
Carrera Likely Good Deal / Thoughts re Temporada
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE