The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera Likely Good Deal / Thoughts re Temporada
In Response To: Did I miss good deal? ()

Thanks for the message and welcome aboard. You have raised a couple of interesting questions.

The gold-plated Carrera, Valjoux 72, was probably a good deal if it was in excellent condition cosmetically and running well. I seem to recall a couple of these going in the $1500 to $1700 range, in top condition. One might imagine that the gold version is more valuable, but there seems to be more popular following for the stainless steel Carreras.

The Temporada is an interesting one -- relatively uncommon (maybe we see two to four offered per year on ebay), but they seem to lag behind the value of the better-known Heuers (Autavia, Carrera and Monaco). Perhaps good evidence that scarcity does not always translate into value. The movement is the Valjoux 7733. The oh-so 70's design appeals to some, but is a bit unusual and not for everyone. So "yes" it is collectible, but I would not rank it with the more popular models in terms of value.

Thanks for your message; welcome to the "club"; we wish you success in your collecting and hope that you will be a regular participant on our Discussion Forum,.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello folks,

: I am posting first time on this forum. I've
: been on Timezone for couple of years and
: just discovered this site which is terrific.
: Well I am crushed on Heuer chronographs from
: 60's and 70's (not the reissue ones) and try
: to build my collection. I have two questions
: to you knowledgeable folks: First, I had
: offer of gold plated all original Carrera
: chronograph with Val. 72 movement, $1200 but
: I passed on it since I did not know whether
: or not it was good deal. That is quite a lot
: of money for me. Have to admit now I regret
: that did not take it. So was it good deal or
: not so good?
: Second, I spotted a Heuer temporada, ref. #
: 733809. Which movement does it have? Is it
: as collectible as say, Carrera or Autavia.

: Thanks a lot!

Messages In This Thread

Did I miss good deal?
Carrera Likely Good Deal / Thoughts re Temporada
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE