The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Jeff, please, please, please...

...tell me the bonnet scoop on:

...is aftermarket and that you couldn't buy the car looking like that! Looks like it fathered the current Max Power generation, with their 1 litre Citroen Saxos with the outlandish wings and bazooka barrel exhausts...

I really like the first gen Mustang, I think in part because the window line owes a debt to:

And the current one, because it picks up brilliantly on those cues from the original car yet updates them sensitively. That's a great example of a re-edition as far as I'm concerned.

I also like how Adrian van Hooydonk took cues from the 507:

when producing the Z8:

Though some people think that one is a bit too derivative. I always quite liked them myself.

It does seem that the art of "re-editioning" is not an easy one, for every new version that works, there are 10 or 20 that just come off as pastiches.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE