The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It wouldn't look any different from...

Chuck,

That is awesome, you did not happen to take a Digital Pic when you had it opened?;-)

No, I didn't, but it wouldn't look any different than the picture I already posted:

And you can actually see the movement number which I described in this picture. If you look at the movement serial number (at 5 o'clock in the photo), and follow it around counter-clockwise you'll see on the plate below the Maltese cross with 1873 beside it.

Can I buy one of these caseopeners

I would assume you can. I bought mine at SEP Tools, but I know International Watchman also carries them, they run about $9 before shipping, taxes, etc.

and does it hurt

Only if you are careless, or if you accidently let it slip out of the slots and you can scratch the case back or anything in it's general vicinity.

or harm anything regarding the waterresistant seals?

Only if the person opening the watch is careless or the seals are already wanting. Of course I don't usually wear an expensive watch into the drink as it were...

I would love to see!

See Ya,Mark.

Like I said, it wouldn't look any different than the one I already posted.

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE