The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Had the Same Question
In Response To: But which watch exactly is it? ()

Of course, the watch in the display case is a Caliber 12 Montreal; black dial; steel case . . . seems to be no doubt about that one. But can we be certain that the one on his wrist is a Caliber 12 Montreal? The hour indexes seem too bright; I don't see the red track for the pulse scale; and I don't see the crwon on the left side of the watch. Could it be another version of the Montreal (7750 powered) or even a Pasadena? It might be a Caliber 12 Montreal, but are we certain?

It may be worthwhile to examine this photo more carefully.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: A terrific job indeed Jasper, and again a tie of Heuer with
: high-speed racers and probably one of the missed talents of all
: time. Thumbs up as usual.

: Still a question has sprung to my mind: which watch is it? I have
: no such good eyesight still I can't see any crown on the
: left-side of the watch he is wearing in the picture, so I'd rule
: out a Cal.12 Montreal.
: Anyone knows better? Can it be a Val.7750 Montreal or one of the
: various no-names? A non-Montreal in this case? They woudl be
: quite fitting with the time.
: Cheers.
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE