The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco V4, Serial Number 1: Sold at 55,000 Euro ($80,000)

I understand that Serial Number 1 of the Monaco V4 has just been sold, at the Only Watch auction, in Monaco . . . for the sum of 55,000 Euro (equivalent to approximately $80,000). This $80,000 would represent the list price here in the United States . . . so no premium for it being "Number 1" of the series. [This is a charity auction; I have not yet read the details to see whether there are any buyers' premiums, etc.]

Here is our previous thread re this watch -- http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?noframes;read=32137

I imagine that this is now the highest price ever paid for a Heuer, with one of McQueen's personally owned Monacos having sold in the $70,000 range in June 2009.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Monaco V4, Serial Number 1: Sold at 55,000 Euro ($80,000)
I was wondering....
Blog Posting re Monaco V4
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE