The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sometimes I have EVIL thoughts...

Sometimes I have EVIL thoughts...

This is the find of a lifetime. Or at least of my visit to my local "frankenwatch outlet store" just outside Disneyland The watch listed here is a massive 48mm 2 register chronograph from the 1940s. or 50's, 60's... I have never seen one of these in such amazing condition. Neither has the factory or any of the old gummers who worked there in the day... The chronograph is activated by the one button on the end of the oversized onion crown. The watch is flawless in every way. One could honestly say that none ever left the factory in better or even the same condition! I would have to say it is almost new old stock! "almost new old stock"? Is that anything like Ànew new stock? ÀNew Almost Old Stock? This watch has the original finish on the case of course! , never been polished there's no reason for this watch to have been polished, the watch has never been opened not even in the factory execept by my watchmaker when he remanufactured relubricated the watch. I am sorry but I have no photo of the movement that might betray it's origin, but know that it is 100000% mint and original Let's do the math... 100000 / 100% = 1000 times better than 100% factory original.. If you are not happy I will gladly take it back!! Even when push comes to shove? EVERYTHING IS ORIGINAL ON THIS BABY of course, original circa 2002 YES EVEN THE DIAL!!! and you have the paperwork/documentation to back it up? This watch is a sweet find Àlike a Krispy Kreme? All functions work perfectly and the watch keeps exceptional time. Manual wind, mechanical beautiful!

Note** The Rolex is not part of the auction simply a reference for size. and a snag for all those people searching on Rolex. And please no Indonesian bidders Because they are so adept at producing fakes we don't want them to know how we're horning into their business!.

-- Chuck

P.S. "Bah! Hulk Smash!!!"

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE