The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
comments
In Response To: Autavia Diver 100 ()

here some comments (feel free to post on your webblog)

- in 2007 we made a sum up of 4-5 diver100 rolex bezel. among one by amh we had one by jeff, one by me (dutch source) another one build up from parts and number 5 which was sold many years ago at otd. i believe not one of the others.

- all diver100, original ones, do carry rolex type bezel inserts: however glossy ones

- the rolex inserts are not available anymore at heuer. i studied this already in 2007 and made the observation, that the rolex insert of the diver100 is very specific from its dimensions and the distance of numbers to the inner cycles too.

- along with diver100 the rolex bezel insert was also produced for other, mainstream, models at heuer. however matte dial. i know at least 3 diver100 models today, which carry a matte insert, not original to the diver100

- by end of 2008/begin 2009 we first saw diver100 with matte decomp bezel insert. nos watches. the source all the same i believe along with other bezels from the 1984 autavia range: 11063v autavia nos mh bezels (4-5) all matte of course ( the glossy mh belong to skipper model).

- these watches (or bezels) are sure not fake and must be 100% heuer origin. their dimensiins are as specific as the diver100 rolex inserts. the design 100% like the 11630 p.

i dont know the exact number of these diver100 decomps but think 3-4 ( we should check this)
it does not make sence for heuer to produce 4 watches/ bezels as aftermarket insert when they could feed a broad range of other watches with the rolex insert: much more common: did they confirm they do this?
sure is the watches are nos, heuer is not able to refurbish watches in this way. especially the cases are 100% untouched and where never refurbished.

also it makes no sence for copycats to only copy 4 bezels....

- in 2009 we might know about upto 10 diver100 watches. but trust me at least 2 of them have changed owner 3 times, the other 4 times (may be 5) so we count often the same watches: dc or jeff we should register them once...along with a siffert chronomatic register.

so what do we know:

- diver 100 rolex always glossy
- diver 100 rolex matte are exchanged
- diver 100 mh are nonsence
- 11063 mh are matte
- 11063 mh are skipper
- diver 100 decomp bezel inserts are heuer

what dont we know

- are diver 100 decomp bezel inserts protos
- meant for diver 100
- how many diver100 decomp we know
- how maby diver100 rolex we know

cheers
a

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE