The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Go to 1970-71 catalog, page 202 and see the 503.201
In Response To: need to identify chronograph ()

One of the really nice resources on this website is the collection of Heuer catalogs Jeff Stein has uploaded for us all to view. On the home page, go to and click "Catalogs" and look for the 1970-71 catalog. Your stopwatch (503.201) is shown on page "202" of that catalog. It's actually the fifth page. This is a stopwatch, not a chronograph. Catalog says "1/5 second recorder", 0-60 mintes. Someone else with more knowledge can comment on values. I'd guess $100 - $250 but I really don't know.

: i have recently acquired what i believe to be a watch from either
: the 60s or 70s but am having trouble identifying it. can anyone
: please help me. it is a single button chronograph and there is
: nothing saying the model number or make on the watch. i can not
: find any pictures of it on the internet to post to this site.
: the only info i might have are some numbers written on the box
: itself 14-647-10 and 503 201. can anyone please help me in
: identifying this heuer please

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE