The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gentlemen, make your case ....
In Response To: Gentlemen, make your case .... ()

you want the omega seamaster chronos and the breitlings! the heuers are inferior to both...yah, trust me!!:) no i'm kidding.

i don't know if any one brand is any better than the others. while i myself have settled on collecting heuers, i often find my easily wandering eyes looking at the late 60's - 70's era seamaster, speedmaster, and flightmaster chronos, and some of the breitlings. if i was to switch gears, which i'm not due to limited funds and all, i'd look real hard at adding some omegas.

having owned a couple non chronos, a 60's seamaster and a 60's constellation. both left me with an impression of high quality and durability and the connie (which i still have) still keeps near perfect time, even though it hasn't been serviced in a little over 5 years and has never been regulated since i captured it. still runs like a chronometer as it was designed to do.

all three brands typically demand top pricing since i've been tracking them. personally i think liking the design, movement, dial layout, etc. is more important than who made it, but i'm not one of those who only likes rolex or only likes omega types. i have an appreciation for just about every brand. my take on it is buy what you like. in this case with the three you picked it's almost impossible to go wrong, imho.

btw, my order of which to pick would be heuer, omega, breitling. based on my criteria i stated above, but that's just me.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE