The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Crystal & bracelet needed for 1970s Daytona

Hi folks - newbie here with my first post. I recently bought a "basketcase" 1977 110.203B Daytona which my local watchmaker has serviced and brought back to life. The blue dial and hands are original and perfect, but it has a chipped crystal and he hasn't been able to find a replacement anywhere. Can anyone help with either selling me one or suggesting possible sources, please? I don't mind whether it is glass or plastic, original or generic replica.

I would also like to obtain a suitable bracelet, but the unique lug design makes this tricky. The best get-around I have found so far is to cut out the centre sections on the ends of a rubber diver's strap and use T-bars to attach it. The original Heuer bracelets must presumably stretch or get damaged over time - do replicas exist, are there bracelets made by other companies which can be adapted, or some other solution which Daytona owners use to get around the problem?

Thanks for your help.
BOB

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE