The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Following up Mark's Carrera 1153 research *PIC*

Hi Mark, Jeff and everybody:
I would like to contribute to your research for more info regarding the Carrera 1153, a model that IMHO should deserve a bit more spotlight. I always loved the way the dial changes color, as it reflects at different angles, reminding me of (excuse the profanity :) ) the Monaco 1533G's dial.... As for many of these models, the S/N almost disappeared from my model as well. However, challenging my ophthalmic skills and all the magnifiers in the house, I was able to identify three ones and a digit in the front of them that seems like a four. Could it be something like X4111X? Or would it be too early? I hope this does not add more layers of confusion, instead of helping you out.

Finally, a note of thanks to everybody on this forum for making me addicted to this hobby. And BTW, this is the first time that I attach photos and I have no idea if it is going to work....Let's see!!!

Francesco

Messages In This Thread

Following up Mark's Carrera 1153 research *PIC*
Re: Following up Mark's Carrera 1153 research
...here they are!!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE