The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Autavia favorits
In Response To: My top 5 Autavias ()

The ambition with my small collection is that it should represent all the movements that were ever put in Heuer Autavias.

What I have so far is from left to right:
• 3646 with Valjoux 92
• 2446C with Valjoux 72
• 7763 with Valjoux 7730
• 1163 T (Strange orange red hands!) with Calibre 12
• 1163 HM (Derek Bell) with Calibre 11 I
• 1163 T (Orange Boy) with Calibre 12
• 11630 GMT with Calibre 14

Should I rate them it would be something like this:
No. 1 - 3646 because it has a fantastic vintage look with the big subdials and Dauphine hands. And then my example is in super condition inside and outside.
No. 2 – 11630 GMT because it is big and heavy and is so special with the red/blue bezel and the extra hands.
No. 3 – 1163 Orange Boy. Don’t really know why but it is the Autavia that gets the most wrist time. The tachymeter scale and the orange color is nice and it is not to perfect so I don’t have to be to careful.
No. 4, 5, 6 and 7 – Don’t know. Like them all.

Peter, Denmark
www.watchsite.dk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE