The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Monaco Questions

I recieved a Heuer Monaco from a watch dealer friend of mine. He has is it for sale. I am wondering about the watch and what the story is behind it.

It looks almost exactly like the photos I have seen of the Monaco, with a few suttle differences. First, it has one white sub-dial and one blue one located just above the white dial on the opposite side of the white dial. I know this was one of the models offered.

Above the date, it says "Automatic" and below it it says "Chronographe". The photos I have seen of this watch have it "Chronograph" spelled WITHOUT an "E". Also the word "Swiss" is underneath the date and the white second marks toward the bottom of the watch. I have always seen the word "Swiss" above the date. Lastly, the back of the watch has the words "Tool No 333" and the Heuer logo stamped toward the bottom of the case.

Am I looking at a genuine 1969 Monaco or some kind of a fake? How much should I be paying for this watch? It is in good condition (8). It has the stainless steel band with the correct buckle included.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Joe

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Monaco Questions
Heuer Monaco: Details are important
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE