The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome to a Beginner; Loving the MonaReras ! ! !

Beginners always welcome here!

This is a great looking customization and -- given the problems with the Monaco black seals / goop, and the resulting damage to the edges of many of the dials -- it also seems like a very pragmatic, nice use for some damaged Monaco dials. Someone needs to introduce "Tool 34" . . . the tool to cut the Monaco dial to fit the Carrera case . . . Yes, these MonaReras will be beauties!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I just came across this item on Ebay, but it sold very quickly.
: Shame :(

: The seller has claimed the item was purchased from a widow. Her
: husband had the watch customized and the dial cut to fit a
: Carrera case in the 70's. The seller has a very good reputation
: and the watch looks gorgeous in my opinion.
: Wanted to determine of these kind of customizations are rare and
: are they of any value? Note the stamping "Heuer Cal
: 11" on the movement looks very similar to the early
: prototype Cal 11 movements.

: Looks gorgeous though. I could however be wrong, what do you guys
: think?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE