The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good For A Laugh!!
In Response To: BEWARE! An E-Bay Hijacking? ()

All the seller's ebay auctions have been removed. I was lucky enough to receive the following e-mail from the "seller", before the auctions were yanked. If it looks like a rat, and write e-mails like a rat, then . . .

Dear Future Customer,

The item we are selling is part of a complete package that comes new in a sealed up package with US/International warranty plus all of the original accesories included. This is the starting price not the final one. Please let me know if you want to go ahead with the BIN (buy it now) price for this item including package shipping, insurace, transport fees and agreement terms. The item will be shipped via the UPS service and you will be provided with the UPS tracking number of that item in order for you to be able to check the existence and validity of the item within the UPS service and also verify at www.ups.com that the item has the on hold status within the timeframe accepted in the agreement. We only accept the bank wire transfer payment method due to the fact that we have had multiple frauds in the past and we have rethought our whole shipment methods. Once you will check that the package has been shipped and is on hold at UPS we will proceed to our next agreement step. Once we have your confirmation we will release the package from the on hold status within the UPS service, which will ship it directly to you within its zonal standard timeframes. Would you be interested in buying this new item now? Our prices are fair and we are willing to negociate. We negociate due to the fact that it is faster and more efficient to settle upon an agreement with one customer instead of having to deal with multiple customers at once within the standard bidding process which takes time and gives our customers no reassurance that he or she will win the item. More customers means more time for us, and due to the large number of transactions that we make we prefer a standard seller to customer agreement method. Let us know if you agree to these terms. Otherwise we ask you not to bid on this item due to the fact that we receive over 600 e-mails daily from possible bidding customers asking for information from us and it is very difficult for us to reply promptly to all of them. Ussually we select our customers on a first come first buy basis.
    We thank you advance
    --
    Best regards,
    Europe
    mailto:sales@[deleted].com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I think I smell a RAT! I think someone is
: hijacking E-Bay accounts to sell Tag Heuer
: watches and other high priced goods? Check
: out the watch details on this sellers list
: below!

: Yesterday at the same time, these SAME auctions
: appeared on E-Bay under a different sellers
: name with the same location in the auction
: description. There are gone now, I guess
: E-Bay caught it? I e-mailed the seller
: yesterday, asking him how he can sell Tag
: Heuer watches this cheap. He told me the
: prices were starting prices and that if I
: wanted one to let him know! Another RED
: FLAG, he would ONLY accept a bank money
: transfer as payment! Hum.......

:
: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mr5450&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

: What do you guys think?

: Mike SCARDS22

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE