The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carreras: in the metal and auction results

I went to see the preview yesterday around lunchtime. I spent around 45 minutes focusing on the Carreras and a few other models with a lens. I have to say that the Patrizzi people were really nice and friendly and I could examine the watches as much as I wanted: a relief, it's not always the same with other auction houses and also with some shops, unfortunately.

The general impression is that it was a nice average collection, with some remarkable pieces: the items I've seen were not
much molested in general but also not on the outstanding side (cases and dials). I've noticed there were some remaining
discussions here about a few dials, hands etc.., but that's a separate matter.

From this perspective, today's result of the auction are pretty good: I tried to bid on one item - not too aggressively I
have to say - but I was easily outbid. I spent some time on the phone listening to the auctioning of other pieces and there was good demand. Only two pieces went unsold, as far as I know.

I believe that the starting prices were in any case fair and the final result, once the catalog had been "cleaned up" as we
discussed during the previous weeks, is good for the vintage Heuers market.

: Being on vacation, and away from the computer, I will not be
: able to follow the action at the Patrizzi auction, being held
: this Saturday.

: I hope that our readers will begin the discussion of the auction,
: in general, and the results for specific lots, as soon as the
: auction has been completed. I believe that we will see some
: interesting results . . . parts watches, going very low . . .
: some nice ones, going high.

: Readers: please post your impressions!! I will not be able to post
: messages Saturday or Sunday, but I do look forward to reading
: the messages that our readers will post.

: Jeff

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE