The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I like them!

Not strayed too far from the originals, but some differences in the detail - I like the way the date window cuts into the bezel particularly.

The utility of the original Silverstone is lost a bit, with only a 30 minute capacity as compared to 12 hours, but I wonder how many of the original Silverstones were actually used for serious timing anyway - maybe the Silverstone was the closest thing Heuer made to a "statement" watch. And perhaps the "sleepy" dial of a Cal 11/12 isn't acceptable nowadays, where we like to see that our watches are running and don't have the patience to wait for a minute or two to tick by to check.

I'm not entirely sold on the pushers, but maybe that's a subtle acknowledgement to the suitability or otherwise of Silverstones for timing.

And now for the big question.... brown or blue?!! I'm liking the brown more right now personally.

And no red? I feel it's a question of the fullness of time myself and we may see these before too long if the browns and blues prove popular enough...

Let's hope for some Carrera re-editions true to the spirit of some of the original Carreras for the 150th anniversary, or maybe for the Carrera's 50th birthday in 2014!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE