The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Don't care too much about what people think...
In Response To: Carrera 18k - inputs needed ()

Hello Marco!

Don't think too much of what people think of you...or from the watch you're wearing.

If you do that...you'll probably end up wearing a Rolex or Cartier...not that I have anything against those watches...only in most cases against the person wearing those...but not all ofcourse ;-)

Too young to wear a gold watch?? I might even be younger then you are and I've no problem with wearing a gold watch at all...I just love the touch and feel of the gold but that could have something to do with my job too...

Gold is symbol of power, wealth, knowledge,...and it also happens to be perfect to make a nice watch ;-)

Here's a watch I wear almost daily...I bought this one last year due to my wife. Originally I wanted to buy an IWC Portugieser with 8-day reserve but when seeing this Grand Carrera my wife said...very dry...well you can still buy that IWC Portugieser when you're 60 years old, just buy this one now that you're still young :-))) And that was in fact the first time that my wife told me to actually buy a watch...and guess what...I didn't complain LoL

Personally I don't like goldplated watches...it gives me the idea that it looks like something but isn't quite the real thing. And this has absolutely nothing to do with what other people are thinking or seeing...you have to wear a watch for your own pride and not for other people!

Cheers,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE