The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help Identifying 1960's Heuer Carrera and restoration advice

Hello everybody,

This is my frist post on here and i think it is probably the best place to post this. I am looking for some help to identify a vintage Heuer Carrera which i beleive is from the 1960's. I cannot find any reference number on the watch, on the serial number between the lugs. The watch has obviously seen better days, but is running although the chronograph doesn't work. Ideally i would like to restore the watch and service / repair it. I would like some advice as to what people would advise to restore and what not to, and also advice as to who could carry out this work in the UK if possible.

Thank you in advance for any assistance James

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE