The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
12/5: Vintage Heuer of the Day / Autavia from IDF

This Autavia issued by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) was the "lucky" watch yesterday, as I wore it and watched my favorite college football team -- Alabama -- complete a perfect season, by destroying the rival (Florida), 32-13, in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game. Now, Alabama will play in the National Championship Game, and you know which watch I will be wearing during that game.

I took this one with me, on Thursday, when I visited TAG-Heuer's US headquarters, and the folks there were very interested in this one; especially the mysterious military markings; one of my Tag-Heuer friends asked whether the "M" on the caseback might stand for "Mossad" (the Israel secret service); no, I doubt that the Mossad agents wore Heuers with an "M" on the back, but I am guessing that this was as close as they could get to the Hebrew letter "Tzadeh", which stands for "Army".

So this watch was a hit of the visit to TAG-Heuer and I put it back on for the Alabama-Florida game, and it did its magic! It's fun to have a new "Lucky Watch"!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Come on,post your vintage heuer of the day!!

: this is my choice.

: Have a nice day!!!!!!!

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE