The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
currently 80s are strong

we often discussed what will be after the 60sand 70s watches we do collect. I followed this question closely and can confirm, that currently 80s watches are strong in price.

I do have several examples over the last 4 weeks:

- Sinn 142 black PVD = 1900 Euro
- Breitling Compass black PVD = 1900 Euro
- autavia silver PVD head only = 1500 Euro

and I just had the cnahce to win the following boy:

So the Maritime Breitling in black PVD also . This is a strong model as its the ONLY example from breitling at 42 mm diameter after the 48mm time.So all other watches by Breitling from the 80s inPVD are low in diameter staring with 3-something.

The watch I purchased is in the same price range as above, NOS with all papers, manuals, warranties and box. ans of course the extremely hard to find pvd breitling original bracelet.

so believe there was always a strong trend towards PVD covered watches: however it is now reaching high end prices and further more getting somewhat broader to also Sinn, Breitling et al watches. Of courseone of the reasons might be its not possible to bring them back to live when worn so the number of good examples will decrease automatically over time (and yes I know we have some tools to bring them back to PVD and no I dont think the quakity is compareable to the good old PVD layers)

Will the 90s come also: so e.g. the nasty chronomatic breitlings and the 90s Tudors (some of them already rechED good prices before the crisis)

rgds
a

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE