The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Twin Time Watch
In Response To: Heuer Twin Time Watch ()

Hi Jonathan.

I'm really patchy on 50s Heuers. Others know a lot more - Jarl is one of the "go to" people for Heuers of this era.

They do seem to be some of the watches that are still available relatively cheaply, though, as I think it's an era many of us have yet to discover. There does seem to have been quite a lot of diversification in the 50s, with less of the strong focus on chronographs we see throughout most of the rest of Heuer's history. Some DNA does seem to be carried forward more or less intact, such as in the perpetual calendar watches but others seem to have reached dead ends and remained in the 50s.

I think they are on the smaller end of the watch size cycle in the 50s - think more first generation Carrera than late Autavia.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Twin Time Watch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE