The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome to the Forum!! Montreal / Daytona Ideas
In Response To: Heuer Montreal ()

Welcome to our Discussion Forum, and thanks for the interesting question. I expect that others will provide some opinions on these two chronographs. I also wonder whether perhaps someone will be able to post the measurements for the two watches.

I have never owned a Daytona, and owned a Montreal for only a few days. The Montreal seemed really large, on my really small wrist, and it went in a trade for some other watch. I really liked the look of it, but it seemed too big. Maybe this was in the time when I was not waering the big Autavias on a regular basis. Maybe it was that the Montreal color scheme is bigger / louder than the Autavias.

In terms of scarcity and value, the Daytona seems less common than the Montreal. This is a very rough guess, but I would think that we see 50 Montreals in a year (around one per week), and less than half that number of Daytonas (maybe 15 or 20 in a year). The prices of the Montreal and Daytona seem relatively close, however, with no real premium either way.

Thanks for the interesting question and good luck in your search. Please keep us informed.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi everybody, I'm Gioacchino and I'm writing
: from Italy. Compliments for the forum it's
: very intersting and full of important
: details. I would like to buy an Heuer and I
: cannot decide between a Montreal and a
: Daytona. Which are the market prices for
: both models? Which one to prefer for a
: better future value? Which are the sizes of
: the watches? Thank you for your kind aswers
: and sorry for my bad english..
: Regards.
: Gioacchino

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Montreal
Re: Heuer Montreal
Welcome to the Forum!! Montreal / Daytona Ideas
Re: Heuer Montreal *NM* *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE