The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: signed/unsigned crown on Heuer Autavia

: Yes they did come with unsigned crowns, the watch could be
: earlier than 68/69.

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

In terms of the age, based on research online and help from people here, my Autavia has been pointed out to be a 2nd execution case and 3rd execution dial The OnTheDash master chrono table indicates these are from 68/69 catalogs. I assumed that meant these where the only years these watches where produces. Is my understanding of that table incorrect?

I was just looking through pictures of the various Autavia's of this design from OnTheDash and it seems like the only ones that have signed crowns are the 1st execution case's. Howeve,r another member on here who help me identity my watch has the same 2nd execution case/3rd execution dial and he has signed crowns on this.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE