The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
tag heuer 844 finale

Hi guys. Many of you have helped me and this is a longer version of a mail sent to Jarl and Marius. But a big thanks to all, Peter and James and so on and on...

A tuesday story:

Im glad to say that I have got the right crown and a new winding stem for my Tag Heuer 844/3. This is how I bought it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120491559511&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

To make a long story short; I needed to replace the crown, but did not really understand what a winding stem was. I contacted TH sweden and also Switzerland, they told me it was to old but I insisted that the crown should be the same as 980.006. Lurking around here I found that info, case should be the same right?

Then Tag Heuer sweden sent me the wrong crown for a 1000 series I think. Then forced me to send my watch in, they would not give my money back due to not beliving me or something. Or maybe put and end to the missery I was giving them on the phone. After two days the watch came back with the right crown! No mail no nothing, just the right crown. I went to my local watchmaker and he "ruckade" (scandinavian) and placed the winding stem correctly and now the watch is running! The movement is stange, 2878 i think, with 25 jewels. Anyone with experiance?

Maybe I will relume the dials, very cool with Tritium i think.

I have changed the bracelet to a oyster one. Quite nice but the end piece does not fit exactly, any ideas? . You could alway change it up with a Nato aswell I guess.

Could not attach new pics...

Thank you for all your help!

Merry christmas and a heppy new year!

(only the pressure test to go...)

Jonas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE