The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Don't Think That Bracelet Can be Sized

The buckle supplied was actually plated, rather than 18K gold. These were initially sold as just the head, and you had to supply your own strap but later on they were sold with either the strap or bracelet ex-factory.

I tried to photograph my buckle, but it seems the macro mode on my compact is more a close focus priority mode than true macro, so it didn't come out all that well:

You'll note the classic sun and "SWISS" text, and also the "PLAQUE G" denoting that it's gold-plated. These elements seemed to shift position over time, as you can see from Gianvittorio's photo of the buckle of his later watch (~20000 serial numbers later than mine):

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE