The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Jack Heuer 40th LE Carrera
In Response To: Re: Jack Heuer 40th LE Carrera ()

: Yes, it is the Calibre 17, which is TAG-speak for ETA 2894-2. Same
: movement used in the Monaco and Monza.

Here is some info I gathered a few years ago about this watch.

The Carrera Chronograph, appeared at BaselWorld and was produced in a Limited Edition of 1964 models
to correspond to the year of its creation. In stainless steel equipped with a mechanical automatic self-winding
chronograph movement (ETA 2894 base), it has a permanent motion second hand at 3 o’clock, a 30-minute
counter at 9 o’clock, date at 6 o’clock and a specific tachometer scale for the calculation of speeds up to 200
units (km or mph). Water-resistant to 50 metres, the screw-down caseback is engraved with
‘Carrera 1964 – 2004, 40 years of legend, the signature of Jack Heuer and the Limited Edition number.

The emergence of this new model clearly demonstrates that the Carrera continues to have a long life before
it and will continue to be a coveted timepiece in the world of watch aficionados. As Jean-Christophe Babin,
the CEO of TAG Heuer says, “Jack Heuer has brought his experience to bear on these new Carreras, which
boast all the qualities of contemporary high-end timepieces, whilst losing nothing of the watch’s original spirit.”

In his totally unassuming manner, Jack Heuer, the man behind the legend, simply added, “Carrera means
both race and career and when I think that this watch is the centre of attention after forty years, I think to
myself that it’s made a really good career for itself. Also I have to admit that I’m proud to see the name is
still alive … I’m also flattered.” 
Finally, to answer the question, ‘What’s in a nameı’, as far as TAG Heuer’s Carrera
is concerned, there’s quality, character, the indomitable spirit of Jack Heuer and the brand’s superb attention to
the ‘art of details’!

This one is mine.

For a while there were a bunch of fakes on eBay which are pretty lousy.

Happy holidays to all.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE