The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Funny You Should Ask - - -
In Response To: Re: Heuer Camaro? ()

I have been working on the Reference Table for the Camaros, and should have them ready within a few days. The Camaro with three registers (12-hour timing) came in a variety of versions. For the three-register models from the late 1960's, the information is as follows:

• case reference is 7220, referencing the Valjoux 72 movement
  • dial can either be white or charcoal grey, always with matching registers (white on white or grey on grey)
  • dial can either be "standard" or with tachymeter markings
So putting all this together, we see that there were four versions of the Camaro 12 (three-register chrono) --
  • white dial / standard [7220S];
  • white dial/ tachy [7220T];
  • grey dial/ standard {7220N];
  • grey dial/ tachy [7220NT])

This may be easier to follow when we have the reference table.

Thanks for the question.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I have a Camaro model that I purchased new in
: 1967 and it has three sub dials. all the
: pictures i see of this model have 2 sub
: dials. can anyone give me any information on
: the 3 sub dials.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Camaro?
Re: Heuer Camaro?
Funny You Should Ask - - -
Never Seen One Without the Name "Camaro"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE