The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Need advice on my Siffert *PIC*

Hi all heuer fans.

I have an Autavia 1163T that has not been used nor serviced for many years. It was bought by my father in 1970 so it has stayed in the family all this time.
Everything is according to the original except the bracelet. I could use advice from someone experienced in handling these timepieces since I am unsure of how much to spend on it compared to what it can be worth.

What I think needs to be done:
- The hand indicating minute on the stopwatch has fallen off (see picture)
- The stopwatch is jammed (cannot press the start button).
- Needs calibration. Last time I used it about 10 yrs ago it lagged with a minute or so per day.
- Replacing the glass+tachymeter-ring with a fresh one.
- General cleaning/servicing
- Looking for an original bracelet

Serial: 142940

My alternatives:
* Get it serviced by for example Heuerboy or similar
* Send it off to Tag Heuer for complete official service. This is quite expensive. I am awaiting a price estimate from TAG right now.
* Do it myself. I guess that this is an alternative if I am willing to put in the time and patience. Are there any service manuals around?

I am not looking to sell it in the near term. What would you recommend me to do? I don't mind servicing it at TAG if it leads to a higher value in the end.

Br
/Sebastian

Messages In This Thread

Need advice on my Siffert *PIC*
Re: Need advice on my Siffert
Send it to Heuerboy
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE